Cricket in Shelley can be traced back at least to the year 1861 when the Mechanics Institute formed a cricket club and the present club has been playing at its present ground on Westerley Lane for over 100 years.
In 1900 they were members of the Combination League and won the Lumb Cup in 1902.
They joined the Dearne Valley League in 1905 and finished up winners that year and the following year 1906. In 1920 they joined the Huddersfield Central League winning the League for the first time in 1922. They were also winners in 1945, 1947 and 1951.
Westerley Lane 2006